Things I learned from sport
In random order, I guess. Mainly useful for myself, I guess.
- looks is nothing, good form is everything
- voluntarily put yourself in a difficult situation
- let's not go to failure - feel what you're sure you can still do
- 20 rep squats / squats and milk: quitting is not an option
- your head will likely not explode
- some barriers are imaginary; show yourself you can do it by doing heavy singles
- last seconds seem to last soooo long, but 1 second after finishing feels normal again
- finishing all reps in a set even if you have to rest a bit
- don't get too comfortable - security is important
- stay calm when in a difficult situation, minimise effort
- on the minute, every minute: do difficult things when they are due
Delivered to you by Vim, GNU Make, MultiMarkdown, bozohttpd, NetBSD, and 1 human.